Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Dinner & Asparagus with Mushrooms

Mother's Day Dinner...fit for a Queen. Hope all you Mother's have a Relaxing, Enjoyable Day! Here's to YOU!


I made this Dinner for myself and family and Sister-in-law last year Mother's Day 2011. It was Delish! I think my favorites were the Tomato Casserole, Potatoes and Salmon. 

What a blessing it is to be a Mom. Even with its ups and downs...for me it is all well worth it to have children. Happy Mother's Day!

Here are the links to the Dishes:





The only one I don't have posted is the Asparagus & Mushrooms. So here is the recipe... 


Ingredients:

3 Tb olive oil
1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, shiitake, button etc. I used button, but any will do great.
Salt and Pepper
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and broken in half
1 small sweet onion or half onion, sliced
2 Tb sherry vinegar
1 Tb Dijon mustard
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 Tb honey

In large skillet, heat 2 Tb oil over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms (season with salt and pepper) until golden brown about 4 minutes. Add 1 Tb of oil and add asparagus and onion, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender about 4 minutes. 






 Add vinegar and mustard and stir to combine. Add broth and cook until thickened about 1-2 minutes. Stir in honey. Serve warm. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...