Monday, June 20, 2011

Salt and Vinegar Potatoes

Malt Vinegar. Salt. Potatoes. Combined they taste wonderful. In fact, Malt Vinegar and Potatoes are like Peanut Butter and Jelly...they just go together. Growing up by the beach there are these fries called Thrashers Fries. They are GOOD. REALLY GOOD. There is always a line there, even in winter. And guess what they serve with those fries? Malt Vinegar. Oh num num!!!


I made these for Mother's Day Dinner. I wanted ALL things that I LOVE.


Funny I am posting a recipe about Mother's Day, when Father's Day was just yesterday...Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's!

Speaking of Father's Day. I didn't get a chance to make dinner last night for my husband, so tonight I am making him dinner for Father's Day. I am making Steak with Mushroom Gravy, Breaded Fries, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Green Beans, and Fruit Salad. Some of his favorites.

This recipe is simple. That is good because today I am tired and I have a lot to do. It is so simple, that all I really need to do it post the pictures and you could figure out the rest. But I won't leave you hanging....

The Recipe:

Potatoes ( I used a combination of Sweet Potatoes, Russet and Red Potatoes)
Coarse Salt
Malt Vinegar
Olive Oil

See, now isn't that simple?

First chop your potatoes into chunks.


Boil potatoes until just slightly hard (you could bite into it, but it would still need to be cooked longer). We will cook it longer in the oven.

Oh yeah, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Now, take out your drained potatoes and smash them with a spatula/turner. Or your hand, but they might be a little hot.


Next layer your potatoes in dish. You can use any size dish you want. How many people are you feeding? That is why I didn't tell you how many potatoes to use....your choice on this one.


Put a thin layer of potatoes in dish and sprinkle with salt, olive oil (not too much), and vinegar. Repeat with the rest of your potatoes.



Cook in oven for 30-45 minutes or longer until lightly brown.


Serve with more Malt Vinegar (if you like). Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...