Monday, June 13, 2011

Pizza with Sauteed Veggies

Now this is my kind of Pizza.


I prefer veggies on a pizza over meat. And Oh My. Oh My...When you saute the veggies, it gives it a whole new taste. Divine.


I made this one day with a friend for lunch. After the fact, she kept telling me how her mouth waters every time she thinks of this pizza. It is that good. I won't tell a lie. And I will boast if I have to. I mean, come on...This food tastes good. And food SHOULD taste good.


Pizza is actually a quick meal in our house. If there is a day that I don't know what to make for dinner. I bring out the flour etc and start making dough. Pizza Dough. You will need this pizza dough to make pizza. Don't know how to make pizza very well without the dough.

I always have mozzarella cheese in the frig. And veggies and pasta sauce. So, there you go. Things you have on hand to make pizza.

I love to get creative with my pizza. You can put just about anything on pizza. My kids love Pasta Pizza. Simply, pizza dough with cooked pasta and sauce, sprinkle cheese on top and you have pasta pizza.

I am sure I will have a few pizza recipes on here. Just a few (with sarcasm...meaning I am sure I will have a lot because I love pizza).

Here we go...


You will need Pizza Dough for this recipe. Unless you want to buy your own at the store, which isn't as good. Just have to state that as a disclaimer.

Toppings:

1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1 small package mushrooms, sliced
2 large carrots, grated
1 cup baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
yellow banana peppers, sliced
Tomato Sauce, your choice
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Parmesan cheese, grated

Add your chopped bell peppers and onions and mushrooms to skillet (with 1-2 Tb olive oil) over medium high heat, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes and add carrots and garlic and cook until onions and peppers are light brown.

Add spinach to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes longer.


To your rolled out Pizza Dough, add 1 spoonful of sauce and spread around on pizza dough. Cover with mozzarella cheese. *Before adding sauce and toppings...place dough on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Or lightly greased foil.

Add your sauteed veggies. Add banana peppers and top with Parmesan cheese.  

I put 2 pizza's on a long cookie sheet.
One for Me and one for My Friend.


Cook in preheated oven at 430 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cheese bubbly.


* If you grill your pizza dough ahead of time...it is VERY TASTY. To grill dough. Roll out. Cook on OPEN grill about 2 minutes per side. Then add sauce, toppings etc.


Slice and Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...