Sunday, June 26, 2011

Honey Lime Coleslaw

I am a fan of coleslaw. I have now found my favorite slaw. Thanks to honey and lime.


I thought...honey and lime sure go well together. Why not put it in coleslaw for the dressing? Well, pat myself on my back. Wait. Give me a minute...OK, I patted myself on my back. He he.

I did come up with this recipe by myself. I hope I can put the right amount of ingredients down for the recipe (that is always my challenge). Normally, I just throw a bunch of stuff in a bowl and taste as I go.


So I have been enjoying summer. Days at the pool. Cold water. Out early in the morning taking care of my yard/garden. Growing fresh herbs...

This is my excuse for not blogging more recipes. I am enjoying summer. Aren't you? I hope so.

I have also been making jewelry lately. It is nice to craft. Craft. Cook. Those are a few of my favorite things. AND this coleslaw.

The recipe:

1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
1/2 head red cabbage, sliced thin
1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
2-3 limes, zested and juiced
3 Tb honey (or more to taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Now. For the dressing...add honey, vinegar, mayo, lime zest of 2 limes and juice of 2-3 limes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix. Taste. Add cayenne if you want some spice.

Chop cabbage, peppers and onions. Put in bowl. Add dressing and toss.




*The longer the cabbage sits with the dressing, the better it blends together and the less crunchy the cabbage becomes. You might want to make this a day ahead and refrigerate.


Great side dish to any summer meal. *OR make some pulled bbq chicken or pork...add some slaw on top of bbq chicken for a tasty sandwich. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...