Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blackened Salmon


Whew, what a week!

Busy. Stress. Activities. Family Vacation. Birthdays. School stuff. Holiday. I am amazed I am still standing.

I have eaten a lot...I mean A LOT of peanuts in the shell. I have enjoyed cracking them open and creaming them with my teeth. In fact, I am eating some right now.

I have missed blogging this week. Had too much to do. Still have too much to do, but I won't get stressed. NO.

My yard needs some attention. Oh blessed yard. Need to plant some tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes, nothing like them.

Well, on to the food...

This blackened salmon I made for Mother's Day Dinner. I have had a request to make it again by one of my children.


Salmon. Healthy. Delish. Omega 3 Oils. If you haven't tried salmon, I highly suggest you DO SO! Here we go...


Recipe:

1 large Salmon fillet (you can usually find Salmon in your meat department at your local grocery store)

Blackened Seasoning:
2 1/2 Tbs Chili Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp Creole seasoning
3 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy)
Zest and Juice of 1 large Lemon



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all of your seasonings in a bowl. *Now, I came up with this blackened seasoning by myself. I tend not to measure things very well, in fact, I usually dump a bunch of spices in a bowl. Mix and call it good. BUT do not worry, that is why I took so many pictures, so I can remember what and how much I put in.


And let me tell you, this salmon is GOOD. My sister in law was over for dinner and she is not a seafood fan. She said, "This is the best fish I have had". Thanks!

Now, put your salmon on a cookie sheet with edges. Cover generously with seasoning mix. *My salmon still had the skin on the backside (place that side down on your cookie sheet).


Place in oven and cook for 15-25 minutes, depending on how you like it. If the color changes to a lighter pink and it looks cooked all the way through, it is done. *You don't want to over cook your salmon. Check it after 15 minutes. Cut into the salmon and look at the color, then you can tell when it is done.


Remove. Serve warm and with fresh lemon wedges. Enjoy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...