Saturday, July 30, 2011

Italian Garlic Salad

This salad is a HIT. A must try. It even tastes good as leftovers!


I taught a bunch of Young Women how to make this salad. They all LOVED it. I had a few phone calls the next day getting the recipe. We also made Breadsticks and Baked Ziti.

I adapted this recipe from a friend. Sometimes the best recipes are from the favorites of others kitchens. 

You don't have to go to a restaurant to have gourmet food. In fact, fresh good quality food is usually best made by you! And less expensive too. Now, don't get me wrong, I like to eat out. But I think I like to cook and bake more in my own kitchen. So I save the eating out for date night and special occasions.

Entertain. Have your friends over. What salad are you going to serve this time? Italian Garlic Salad. The garlic gives it a bit of spice...very nice! Like doing 2 things at once.

Multi-Task. Make dinner while you create your own radio station. Have you heard about Pandora Radio? Well, thanks to my bro-in law who told my husband. I now know about Pandora. Let me tell you, it is nice...just like spice! It is a little something for your ears, and the salad is a little something for your mouth.


Recipe:

1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 english cucumber, quartered
1 cup sliced swiss cheese
sliced almonds

Dressing:

1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tb lemon juice
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp season salt
6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
small handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped

Make dressing and set aside in refrigerator in jar or tupperware with sealed lid.


I used turkey bacon in this picture, but I would highly recommend using Pork.
Dressing will be thick, but there WILL be enough dressing
to coat the salad well.
Toss Dressing with lettuce evenly in large bowl.


Now, toss the remaining ingredients (cheese, tomatoes etc.) with the "dressed" lettuce. Don't toss with all the lettuce, because then all the "yummy bits" will fall to the bottom. Plus, it doesn't look as good. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS BLOG IS AMAZING !!... WHO ARE YOU??? REALLY???- SRJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...