Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lasagna Soup

One of my favorite foods has always been Lasagna. Why not make it into a soup?


Wow. It is sad really...only 4 posts in November. But I have to tell myself, family comes first. It was a nice holiday and now I am ready for some more!

As the weather gets colder, it is so nice to make soup and eat it too! Soup makes your house smell fantastic! It is all in one pot. And it goes a long way!

Serve this with some breadsticks, green salad and you are good to go!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey (I like using turkey because it has less grease than ground beef and for me it tastes better)
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 large carrots, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
1-2 Tb dried Italian seasoning 
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 small jar marina spaghetti sauce
6 cups chicken broth
3-4 cups egg noodles
mozzarella cheese, grated
parmesan cheese, grated

To make:

Cook ground turkey in pot. Add carrots, onions and garlic and continue to cook until onions are somewhat tender. Add rest of your veggies. You can add other veggies if you like (mushrooms, zucchini, celery etc.)



Add seasonings. You can add more seasoning to taste: oregano, basil, crushed red pepper etc. Stir.



Next add your crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir. Add your chicken broth and let it come to boil.


Add your egg noodles and let cook until tender. They will soak up all the flavor and juice from the sauce. *Depending on how much liquid you have in your pot...depends on how thick your soup will be in the end. You can adjust this as needed.


When your noodles are done, your soup is done! Serve with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Oh and my favorite, I like to dip my bread in my lasagna as I eat it. So don't forget the rolls! Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...