Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sugar Cookies

Great for Holidays...Or Anytime. 


So, the month of October is insanity for me. Great. But Busy. No, seriously B.U.S.Y. Anyone who knows me knows why. It is the month of Anniversaries, Birthdays and Holidays. Fun time of year, but that is why I have not blogged. Oh how I have wanted to blog. But along with my housework...blogging has been pushed back. 

I have learned a few things though. Why. Why do I do so much for my kids? Well, I thought about it and this is what I learned...#1. I love them. And #2. I want to spend as much time with them, (while I have them young) as I possibly can. It is true...they grow in the blink of an eye. 

So, moral of the story...I have been building memories, enjoying this time of year, loving my kids and letting my house and blog go for a little while. Not all together. NO. What would the world be if ALL my dishes in my sink were dirty? ICK. 

Lets talk recipe. What makes our dishes dirty...Sugar Cookies! With a Vanilla Sugar Glaze!


So simple. Let's not make life harder than it is. :) 

Ingredients: 

1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ cup butter (3 sticks)
2 eggs
2 Tb milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 ¼ cup flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Mix ingredients together until well combined. Wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours. 


Roll dough out and cut with floured cookie cutters.







Place on lightly greased baking sheet, brush with egg white. 


Cook in preheated oven 400 degrees. Bake for 8 minutes or until very light brown. 


Glaze:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
Assorted food coloring

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. 


Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush. 


Enjoy! Make these with your kids and build your own memories! Have a Fun and Safe Happy Halloween!  *Cookie glaze will harden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...