Friday, November 4, 2011

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok. Ok. Here they are. My neighbor called me up and said "You need to stop what you are doing and give me the recipe for those cookies. I have been craving them ALL week. How do you get them so fluffy?" 


Well, I am happy to say...here is the recipe. These are good. Not only do they taste good, but they are good for you. I used 100% whole wheat in this recipe. You don't have to, but I loved them!!! And so did my friend...apparently.

So, for Halloween, I was having fun cooking and baking. For the kids. Check out what I made...


Halloween was a blast! The kids LOVED dinner!!! Had to fill their belly's with good food before they filled it with candy.

On to the recipe, because if I don't post this soon, I might get another phone call and get yelled at ;) 

All joking aside...here is the recipe. 

Ingredients:


2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used a white wheat. You can try whatever you want or use white flour instead)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (although, I used 1/3 cup Agave and 2/3 cup brown sugar...do what you like, for me...I don't like super sweet.)
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (everything is better with chocolate)


Glaze:


*Optional, I didn't do the glaze.
1 cup powdered sugar (or more if needed)
1 Tb milk
1 Tb melted butter
1 tsp vanilla


Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle over cooled cookies.


To make cookies:


Mix softened butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mix.



Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Mix. Add rest of flour. Mix. 


Add chocolate chips. Mix. 



Spoon onto baking sheet.



Cook in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Cook for 12-15 minutes. 



Remove. Let cool...if you can wait that long. Enjoy!




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...