Friday, December 28, 2012

Thai Coconut Lime Soup

This Soup is one of the best I have ever made and eaten!!! It is light, delicious  and fast and easy to make!


I made this soup last night for a family party. It was a huge success! My pot was empty, and rather quickly (that was a huge compliment). I was thrilled! This soup is definitely in my top 5! 

So I need to quickly blog about it, because when I cook I normally just throw in spices here and there. If I wait too long to post the recipe, I would be afraid I would forget what I put in it. Plus I had a few requests for the recipe. Thank you Sterzer's for a fun party and for enjoying my soup as much as I did! Loves!

Having said that, here is the recipe and what I did...

Ingredients:

1 whole Deli Roasted Chicken, picked to pieces and shredded (I used the whole chicken)
1 can Coconut Milk (NOT light. *Light Coconut Milk is only Regular Coconut Milk with water added to it. So save your money and just buy Regular.)
5 cans Chicken Stock (about 7 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice (I juiced 3 whole limes)
3 large carrots, cut 
3 Tb Soy Sauce
2+ tsp Thai Seasoning (*Shown in picture below. I bought mine at Harmons. If you can't find this seasoning, you should be able to use any type of Thai seasoning.) Add more to taste if needed.
1/2 tsp Yellow Curry Powder (+more if you like Curry, but no more than 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt & Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 of Each: Green, Red, Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced into long strips
Large bunch Cilantro, chopped
4-5 Green Onions, chopped
1 Package Chow Mein Noodles (6oz)
*If you want it to be spicier, you could add some cayenne pepper to taste

In large pot, add chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to light boil and add carrots and bell peppers. Cook on light boil for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add shredded chicken and seasonings (soy sauce, Thai seasoning, curry, salt and pepper, garlic) and cook for 5 minutes. *Carrots should not be too soft, they should have a little bit of crunch left. 

Exactly What I used.


Reduce heat to low and add noodles. Cover with lid and let the noodles absorb liquid. Once the noodles are al dente (about 5 minutes or so), the soup is done! Add your green onions and fresh cilantro 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!



*This soup is a quick soup to make, but from start to finish (I let it sit on low for awhile, because it wasn't time to go to the party) about an hour. But it should take 30 minutes or so to make. *And don't forget to stir your soup now and again to mix and blend everything. 




2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay! I've been excited for you to post this. It is seriously one of my new favorite soups ever. I can't wait to make it for Griff. Thanks nicole!!!

Creative Cole said...

SO glad you like it Mindy!!! Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...