Sunday, February 26, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken Fajitas

These taste so fresh. A delight for your mouth! 



I have been enjoying Pintrest a lot lately. Love looking at all the ideas, food etc. Makes my creative mind flow and create. Now, having said that...it is wise to only be on for mo longer than 15 minutes or you will be sucked in even further. 

So I was thinking about my blog the other day and of course the reason I started this is for my kids. I was thinking more about how I add my own little 2 cents in about what is going on if life and my day. And came to realize, this blog is also like my journal. So, as the years pass and I forget day to day memories, I could always look back and reflect. Better yet, my kids can reflect and remember. 

That is what is going on in life at the moment. Also, continuing my projects around the house. And today, I am going to make a cake and dedicate it to my sisters. Why? A few reasons. 1. Both their birthdays are in the month of February (only a day apart). 2. Nutella is going to be part of the cake (my sister's LOVE Nutella). 3. I want to make a cake. Will post this week....so stay tuned. 

Ingredients:

4-5 large chicken breasts, grilled or pan cooked with some salt and pepper to taste 
1 large white or yellow onion, sliced
1 of each bell pepper (red, orange, yellow, green) 3 peppers is good.
1-2 jalapeno peppers, diced-minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 limes: zest of 1 lime and juice of 1 lime+more 
1 Tb honey
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp chili powder
Bunch fresh cilantro 1/2 bunch finely chopped and other 1/2 roughly chopped
Tortillas (the fresh ones are the best!)
Guacamole, Sour Cream etc to garnish and serve

First, grill or cook chicken until 90% done. Remove and let rest while you saute the onions and peppers.


In large saucepan with 2 Tb olive oil, saute onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper to help bring out the flavor and juices. Saute on med-high heat until just before it starts to brown. About 3-5 minutes. 



Add your garlic, jalapenos, and lime zest. Continue to cook for 3 minutes until onions and peppers start to brown and caramelize. *If it starts to darken and stick to your pan a little, add some about 1/4 cup water (which will evaporate) and stir in to get all those yummy seasonings and flavor back into your food and off your pan. You can also reduce your heat to medium or lower if needed.




Slice chicken, and add to saucepan. Also add seasonings and honey along with chicken. Stir well to incorporate. Continue to cook. *Again, you can add a touch of water if needed. Cook for about 2 minutes add your fresh finely chopped cilantro and juice of 1 to 1 1/2 limes. Turn off heat and let it continue to cook and rest...sizzle! 





*If you are using fresh tortillas, which are the BEST (once you have had them, you will never go back!) Cook your tortillas on a skillet for a few seconds on each side till light brown and it begins to bubble. Oh, I am telling you...the ingredients in this make the difference! Fresh ingredients=Amazing taste. 

I buy my tortillas from Costco. Love. Love. Love.


Serve with preferred toppings etc. Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...