Friday, October 7, 2011

M-n-M Chocolate Chip Cookies

Nothing like a warm cookie right out of the oven.


Hits the spot. For these cookies, there was a request to add M-n-M's. M-n-M's are a great candy! Mmmmm Mmmmm!


It has been awhile since I have blogged. This is my busy time of year. More than any other. Anniversaries, Birthday's, Holiday's. But the baking is a MUST! Soups are a must! And Pies during Thanksgiving are a must! At least 8 different pies!

But on to cookies....and don't forget your milk!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup wheat flour (if you don't want to use wheat, use white. But I like the wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp 
(or if you didn't want to use that much butter, use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup canola oil)
1/2 cup sugar (scant-I use about 1/3 cup...I don't like that much sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar (scant)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
M-n-M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Now, I am sure everyone has made chocolate chip cookies. It is a classic. I few things I have learned... 1. If your cookies flatten too much while cooking, add more flour. 2. Cook them until they are just set and they will be softer and chewy as they cool. That is the kind of cookie I like. If you like yours crunchy, let them cook till golden brown.

In bowl with mixer, mix butter, sugar, vanilla. Then mix in your egg. Add your dry ingredients next. I add 1/3 cup flour first, then add my baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then finish adding the flour until mixed. 


Mix in chocolate chips. 


Scoop onto cookie sheet. Add M-n-M's to the top. Cook in the oven for 9 minutes. Longer if desired. Remove. Let cool for about 5 minutes until cookies have set up a little. The cookies will be a little soft in the center. Then move cookies to cooling rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes about 4 dozen cookies. Enjoy! 



Another alternative to toppings...try putting oats on top of your cookies before you bake them. And don't forget your milk! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...