Friday, April 29, 2011

Cinnamon Crunch PopCorn

I love making my own popcorn. I don't buy the bags.


My friend gave me this recipe. She calls it "Crack Corn". Yes, it is addicting....it is like a drug. Now I call it "Crack Corn". I am hooked!


The second I tried this popcorn, I was in heaven. It is SOOOO good. My whole family loves it. And did I mention, cinnamon is one of my faves? But you knew that already.


It is glorious. What a sweet treat. Talking about it makes me want some NOW...right NOW. But I will make it another day.

Anyway, I have Cinnamon Rolls baking in the oven. It has cinnamon, so it will fill my cinnamon addiction for today. Mmmmm!



Recipe:

1/2 cup popcorn (air popped)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup white karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

Milk, Semi-Sweet, White Chocolate, melted

Air pop the popcorn in air popper or large saucepan. I don't have an air popper, so I use a saucepan....In that case, put 3 Tb canola oil in saucepan, then add your popcorn kernels.


Cover tightly with lid and pop until the popping slows down. I shake my pan back and forth on my burner, so the popcorn kernels don't burn. Remove from heat.


Set popcorn aside in a HUGE bowl. Add your pecans to the popcorn (if you want). You could even add Chex cereal, Peanuts, Almonds, Pretzels...what are your faves?


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In glass large glass bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Cube butter on top of the sugar mixture. Add karo syrup and cook in microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and mix. Cook again for 4 minutes. 1 minute at a time, taking out of the microwave and stirring after each minute. After the 4 minutes, add vanilla and baking soda. Stir.


Get ready...Pour over popcorn and STIR FAST!




Once the popcorn is covered with the sauce, spread it out on a large jellyroll cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from oven and stir. Bake again for another 10 minutes. Take out and stir. Again for another 10 minutes. Total cooking time: 30 minutes.


Check your popcorn for crispiness. If it is crispy, layout on parchment or wax paper.

Melt your chocolate. You can use Bakers Chocolate or Almond Bark. Whatever you like. Melt about 3 squares and drizzle over popcorn and let cool and harden.

Break up and ENJOY! Are you addicted like me now?



3 comments:

Jerri T. said...

Sounds yummy!... but, I'll pop the corn in my bag, then add the rest... LOL

Creative Cole said...

It is yummy, and for sure pop a bag and use that :) It will still work!

Anonymous said...

This looks DIVINE!! I cant wait to give it a try. Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...