Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chocolate~Chocolate Chip~Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Whew, that is a long name. And well worth it.


I often eat a banana's covered in peanut butter and melted chocolate. Why not put it in the bread too?

What a treat! Let me tell you, it was gone fast!

Where is my cup of milk? Ahhhh tastes good.

To begin...

Ingredients:

Um, I would double this if I were you. At least that is what I am going to do next time. This recipe makes 1 loaf.

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
3 ripe bananas, smashed and mashed
1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (just omit, if you have allergies to peanuts)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup wheat flour (gotta have the wheat, but you don't have to use it. Just replace with white flour.)
1/4 cup coco powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To mix. I add the ingredients in order given. Mix eggs with sugar, then banana's etc. Wet first.


Now dry. When you add your dry ingredients, you can mix them in a separate bowl OR add them all together (flour, soda, powder, salt etc).


Mix with electric mixer, until well combined. Then add your chocolate chips last. Stir in by hand, if needed.


Pour into greased prepared pan. Cook in oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (note: the chocolate chips will not make the toothpick clean).


Enjoy! My husband finished the bread off for breakfast. Dang! I wanted the last slice.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Nicole!!! You have out done yourself! This recipe is so incredible! I made 3 loaves today for our family game night tonight. I hope it lasts until then. I think I ate a loaf by myself! Thank you! I love it!

Creative Cole said...

LOL Jenny! you make me laugh...LOVE it! Hope you enjoy the bread ;P

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I was just going to ask you for a banana bread recipe! You read my mind. (We will, however, be omitting the PB, thanks to Miss Susannah's little allergy...)

Anonymous said...

HA!! Why stop at doubling? I am going to triple it!! This looks super and would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

Cricket said...

OMGosh...this looks so good. I will make it tomorrow after church. I am a new follower. Come visit me at Crickets Cafe if you get a chance.
www.cricketscafe.blogspot.com/

Cricket said...

Ok, I made it....OMGosh...it is soooo good!!! I gave some to my neighbors too. It makes a really big loaf. They loved it as well. I am going to blog about it next week and feature you and your blog!
www.cricketscafe.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...