Friday, August 10, 2012

Power Bars: Loaded with Protein & Fiber

I eat these A LOT! They satisfy my taste buds and sweet tooth. They give me power. They are loaded with tons of protein and fiber. Therefore, I build my muscle and eat less throughout the day because I am full with all the fiber it gives. PLUS...They are Super Good for you! I snack on them all day.


So here you go...I gave you my intro on my these Power Bars Rock! They are Created my Me. Yes, you could call them "Nicole's Power Bars". 

And did I mention: THEY ARE VEGAN!!! SweeeeeT! Can you tell I am excited about them? 

Honestly, my body can't take a lot of sugar, so when it comes to making those sweet treats on my blog, I really don't eat them. I mean, of course I taste and try and make sure they are super delicious, but I can't eat a lot of it. That is why I love these power bars, they have some dark chocolate in them that satisfies my sweet tooth. 

I go and swim laps in the morning and before I go I eat a couple spoonfuls of my power bar. It wakes me up and gives me strength. Then I come home and eat more. After that, I am on my way to aerobics. I enjoy working out. I love the way it makes me feel. Feel the burn! Oh ya! Then I come home and eat a Chobani Yogurt, Lemon is my favorite. Which is also packed with protein! 30% of your daily protein intake in fact. Then I eat lots of fruit and veggies throughout the day. Of course I have other foods, but I am just telling you how much I love these bars! I hope you like them too. And you can modify them however you want. That is what is so great about them! 

WAIT! I forgot to tell you about the MOST IMPORTANT part of my eating routine. First. Every single day BEFORE I take a bite of ANYTHING, I drink a full glass of Lemon Water. Fresh squeezed Lemon. There are SO many benefits to drinking Lemon water. I will save that for another time. But that is all I drink. Water. 

I hope my sister is reading this post because ALL she eats is protein. She weight lifts and does a killer awesome job grilling meat. She eats a lot of meat. Here is to you Jessica. So here is to you.

Enough talk, here is the recipe. Tell me if you like it too!

Ingredients:

1-1 1/2 cups All Natural Peanut Butter (Protein) 
Large handful of Dark Chocolate Chips (Fiber)
1/4 cup or less of Honey
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (Good for you). I use Organic, Cold pressed Coconut Oil. The Coconut oil also gives these bars a great texture. I tried it without Coconut Oil before and it didn't turn out as good and creamy.

I don't measure these ingredients ever, so tweak as you go if needed. 
In 8x8 square glass pan, cook all above ingredients in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Cook again for 1 minute. Then add the following.

2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not quick oats, they have less nutritional value) (Fiber)
1/2 cup sliced **Raw Almonds (Fiber & Protein). They should be raw because they are better for you and all the good oil is still in them and not taken out by roasting. Keep them Raw!
1/2 cup Raisins, it adds a little sweetness.
1/4 cup ground flax seed (Fiber)
1/4 cup or more Raw Hemp Seeds (Loads of Protein & Fiber) These little seeds ROCK!  These are the ones I use: Hemp Seeds LOVE!!!

I don't measure these either, just dump it in and hope it doesn't overflow. But you can't go wrong.


And you can add other things in if you want. Make them your own Power Bars. 

It should look something like this when you are done. I don't even cut them into bars, I just eat it with a spoon...it is all for me anyway. :)
Add the above to your melted Peanut Butter mixture. Mix well. Your done. Now isn't that easy? Cover and refrigerate, or if you will eat it fast, you can leave it out on the counter. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Carby. Any nutrition info on these?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...