Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gourmet Burgers with Oven Fries

There is nothing like a juicy Gourmet Burger to sink your teeth into. 


And let me add...Grilling your burger is always best (this is my opinion). Even if there is snow all over the ground...


Yes, I was outside grilling burgers for my hubby and his "Guys Night" in my T-shirt, an apron and sandals. I did have long pants on and I did shovel my deck before walking out in sandals. But, come on...a burger without a grill? That just won't do.

Anyway, I do like a burger now and again. But this was a request of my husband...whom I love unconditionally. Burger. Bacon. Cheese. Toppings. Yum!


I have a few different ways to make your burger too...however you like best and whatever meat you like best too. 


Burger #1: Easiest.

Take your ground beef and press into desired patty thickness and size. Put on grill and sprinkle onion powder, seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce on each side of the burger and do that each time you turn the burger. *Cook your burgers with the lid OPEN on your grill. This will make it so you don't over-cook your burgers too quickly. Just because the grill has a lid, you don't need to use it. 

After grilling your burger (no matter what burger you make) MAKE SURE TO LET IT REST FIRST! Cover your burgers on a plate and let the juice flow back into the burger. 


*Also to test to see if your burger is done: This has helped me. When you press on your burger, if #1 feels like you pressing on your cheek=raw to med-raw. #2 feels like when you press your chin= medium. #3 feels like when you press on your forehead=medium-well well done. Hope that helps. 

Your grill also will have hot-spots, to keep that in mind to rotate your burgers if needed.

Burger #2: Savory and Spicy

For 1 patty, for example mix 3/4 ground beef to 1/4 ground sausage. Oh yeah, sausage. It will enhance the flavor and give it a savory taste. 

Also add: (recipe as if making 6-8 burgers)
1/4 cup dried minced onion
1-2 tsp dried minced garlic  
2-3 tsp Worcestershire sauce  
2 tsp A1 sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and Pepper 
You can also add some cayenne flakes 

Mix all in bowl and shape patties. Follow above directions for grilling and resting.

Burger #3: Less Beef, more Turkey 


Just do the same as either Burger #1 or #2 but just use ground Turkey meat instead. *This will not have as much fat in it, so make sure that you grease your grill or wherever you are cooking it. 


*If I leave anything out or you have questions, post a comment and I will get back to you. :)


Toppings:


This is what makes the burger! Here is what I did...


Crispy Bacon (well, honestly I am not a fan of bacon, but my husband liked it on his burger!)
Cheese, your favorite (mine would would be spicy Pepperjack or Gouda)
Lettuce
Sliced Tomatoes (not too thick)
Red Onions (I cooked mine on the griddle with 1 Tb butter. Just slice the onions and flip after 3 minutes on both sides)
Pickles
Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, A1, etc.

Nothing but the BEST ingredients!



After I cooked the bacon, I took the buns and toasted them on the same griddle on the inside...gave it an extra crunch and more flavor. 

Potatoes:

Before I started cooking the burgers on the grill, I sliced red potatoes in 4ths, tossed in olive oil, onion powder and creole seasoning (evenly). And cook the potatoes in the oven at 420 degrees for about 45 minutes until golden brown.


I served the burgers with Oven Fries and Southwestern Slaw. DELISH! Enjoy!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...