Friday, February 10, 2012

Cinnamon Crunch Sweet Potato Muffins

If your a fan of Sweet Potatoes...or Not, you will Love these!


I am a fan. Yes. Sweet Potatoes I L-O-V-E! My kids on the other hand, say "Ick, sweet potatoes" or "Mom, what is in this...are there sweet potatoes in it?" Well guess what kids?! Yes, there are sweet potatoes in these, but I didn't tell them that. And yes, the loved these muffins too. Success! 



Frustration. Projects. The 2 things that have consumed my life lately. 1st: Frustration. My computer is not working well. Slow etc. etc. Problems. Needs to be wiped I fear and start fresh. Hassle. Also, Photoshop is having issues. Grrrrumble! My fonts get stuck and I can't write what I want and then it exits out when I am trying to work on something. So, needless to say I haven't digi scrap lately for fear of losing what I am working on. But Photoshop is the reason my font in my pictures is different than normal. Don't get me wrong, I like the font...but Frustration. And all this adds up to not being able to blog as much as I would like. Hopefully I can get these problems fixed quickly!


2nd: Projects. I am doing major re-decorating in my house. For example, I painted ALL my kitchen cabinets black. Looks Amazing! Sharp. Classy. I will post pictures once we finish putting up the molding. Also, painting all sorts of walls in my house. Sewing curtains, pillows, table cloths etc. etc. Busy. 


On to the recipe. 

Ingredients:


Topping:


3 Tb sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Muffins:


2 sweet potatoes or yams, about medium size, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
grated zest 1 orange
3/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)


Make topping and set aside.


to make muffins, bring saucepan of water to boil and add set potatoes and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Transfer to bowl and mash with potato masher. 



Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease standard muffin tin (I used a larger muffing tin, that is why they didn't puff over the top). You can also use small muffin tin, just adjust your time cooking. 


In bowl with potatoes, add eggs, sugar, oil, milk and orange zest. Mix with electric mixer until completely blended. Add the rest of ingredients and stir just until evenly moistened. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not overmix.





Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle topping on each muffin.



Bake until golden and springy to touch, 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and Enjoy! Serve warm with butter. Makes 12 muffins. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...