Friday, July 15, 2011

Fruit Salad with Lime Mint Dressing

Fruit Salad. Yummy. Yummy. Fruit Salad. Yummy. Yummy.


I went strawberry picking in my back yard and look what I found....


So, I HAD to make a fruit salad. Look at the beauty. Those strawberries cry out...Eat me. Eat me. And They were SO good. Better than any store bought strawberries.

In fact, I have a wonderful amount and variety of fruit growing in my yard (some do better than others and some are still immature). Peach, Cherry, Apple, Pear, Blueberry, Raspberry, Almond (my favorite nut), Plum, Grapes. Just to name a few. I just LOVE it! And I love having all that wonderful fruit right at my doorstep.

Speaking of being eaten. I have. BY BUGS! I don't think I taste that good. I mean, seriously... why do bugs intend to torture me so? I am DONE being eaten. Thank you very much. But enough of my woes.

Lets talk about summer and fruit salad. Yummy. Yummy. Makes me want to break out in the "Wiggles" song, "Fruit Salad".

The recipe:

Mixed Fruit of your choice

Dressing:

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
1 tsp finely grated lime zest
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1/3 cup finely chopped mint leaves

This is super easy. Super yummy. Mix all dressing ingredients in bowl except mint. Chop your fruit and put in large bowl. *Or you could take a watermelon, cut it in half, scoop out the melon, zigzag the edges all around and use that for you bowl. Presentation!


Mix dressing with fruit, gently. Then add your mint. And there you go! Enjoy your fresh, delicious, yummy fruit salad. The perfect side dish to any summer meal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...